Please read: Ephesian 6:10-18
Good morning ladies. Thank you all for devoting your time into prayers. May we all be blessed as we continue to yield to God’s mandate on our lives.
Today, we will be praying for the men following our usual pattern. We will be fasting till 6pm for those who can. Either way, let’s all stay connected to God through praise, worship, and intercession.
Men are very significant in our lives: they are our husbands, sons, brothers and friends.Looking at the society today, we can see how troubled the men are, most times we judge them, making light of the battles they fight daily- the temptations and struggle for survival. Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” No one of us is perfect.
We might have spent years judging them and being angry at the choices they’ve made or how they have treated us [ especially husbands and boyfriends] but today is not one of such days. Men might appear strong but deep inside most times, is a young boy trying to make sense of his situation and expand his sphere of influence- seeking approval from the people and impressing those who care to nothing about them.
Men need to see themselves as God sees them, they need to arise from a position of weakness and confusion to a place of strength and righteousness. They have missed it for too long. They need to live godly lives for their children and the younger generation to emulate. We are the ones in the best place to lift them up before God because no one knows them better than we do (Prov 31:10) Let’s leave a mark in the lives of the men, let us take charge and decree things to come, let us call forth the change seek.
Ps 37: 23; 1 Cor 16:13-14; Ps 1:1-6; Titus 2:7, Ps 119:6; 1 Tim 6:11
• Let’s thank God for the men. For bringing them into our lives as brothers, sons, friends and spouses.
• Let’s pray that God gives our men the strength to overcome bad habits. Habits that can destroy their destiny and make them have regrets such as strange women, alcohol, covetousness etc. Proverbs 31: 3-4
“Give not thy strength unto women, nor thy ways to that which destroyeth kings. It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink”
• Let’s destroy the yoke of the enemy over the men. The enemy has plans to destroy them because he knows that when men are aligned with God, marriages, relationships, and families will fulfill God’s purpose. The enemy uses different tactics to get men, let’s nullify all these plans and sanctify them with the blood of Jesus.
• Let’s pray for men to begin to have the understanding of God’s purpose for their lives. That the word of God will begin to bear fruit in their lives (Ps 3:7, Pa 112 :1) The fear of the lord is the beginning of wisdom.
*Their main purpose is to glorify God and teach their children , family and loved ones to do same. Isaiah 43:7 “Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.”
(1 Sam 12:24)
• Let’s pray that our men will grow spiritually and consider their accountability before the Lord. Pray that they will guard their heart by developing spiritual disciplines (2 Pet. 3:18; Prov. 4:23)
• Let’s pray for our men to have the spirit of humility. A lot of them have missed great opportunities due to pride. For them to admit when they are wrong and not be wise in their own eyes. Ps 51: 2-4, James 4:10, Prob 23: 24)
“A man’s pride shall bring him low: but honor shall uphold the humble in spirit”
• Let’s declare that it shall be well with them. That the blessings of God will rest upon them and that they will prosper in their endeavors. Bless their finances
• Let’s declare that God will forgive them where they have erred and that their sins will not be visited on their children and household.
• Let’s pray that our men will grow in leadership skills in our relationship—protecting and providing for us. Pray that they will lead the family wisely and love sacrificially so that God will be glorified in our marriages/ relationships. (Eph. 5:25-29; Col. 3:19)
• For the married men, let’s pray that they will be faithful to their wedding vows. Pray that they will have a desire to cultivate their relationships as a sign of their loyalty and commitment to their wives and as a picture of Christ’s love for the Church. (Prov. 20:6; Gen. 2:24)
•Lets pray that our men will safeguard their heart against inappropriate relationships with the opposite sex. Pray that their heart will be pure and undivided in their commitment to us. (Prov. 6:23-24, 26; Rom. 13:14)
• Let’s pray for our male children born and those to come that they will know and serve the lord.
• Let’s pray against sicknesses, poor health, and untimely death. Ps 118:17
Psalm 118:17- They shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the Lord.
• Let’s pray for men as lead by the spirit.
We can really never exhaust it all but we commit our men before God and we trust him to watch over them and give them direction in this perverse world. God bless us all and may we find peace and fulfillment in our relationships/ marriages with the Godly men in our lives. The desired change will happen in Jesus name.