Good morning great daughters of the highest God. We give glory to God for everyone here, for we know our God has done exceedingly, abundantly much more than we can ever ask, think or imagine. Let’s give thanks and glory to God alone for all he did in our midst in the past 11 weeks and sustaining us to the end of this session. Give thanks for our God is good and greatly to be praised, Psalm 103:1-5. Bless the Lord for he is worthy to be praised.
Our topic this week and to round off this session is THE JOY OF GIVING.
Giving is a gift and grace from God. It takes God’s grace for anyone to give generously and freely. However, giving is a commandment as well, Deuteronomy 15:14-15, proverbs 11:24-25, Isaiah 32:7-8. Knowing who you are in Christ Jesus is a very important key in life. Giving is an integral part of a Christian life. Giving is the response or acknowledgment of a man to the provisions of God.
Giving should be done with the right motive and with a heart full of love, 1 Corinthians 13:3, Proverbs 16:2, 21:2. A lot of us give just to show off, prove a point, out of fear and also to move God. They are all the wrong motive of giving, the bible says God loves a cheerful giver. Seeds sown in good ground commands harvest speedily, however, some sow seeds with the wrong motive, you do something good but with heart full of deceit.
3 Wrong motives of Giving:
1. Pride: showing superiority over another.
2. Guilt: guilt is not of God in whatever form. It propels your action, don’t give because you are under pressure.
3. Because of expectation: you give because you want God to do something or give you something, it is wrong, Ephesians 2:8-10, Romans 5:2, Titus 2:11-14.
Giving is a faith step, 1 Corinthians 15:10, Philemon 6, 1 Chronicles 29:3. The motive for giving is for thanksgiving, it is the only right motive for giving.
The Joy Of Giving:
1. Your needs will be met before they arise, Philippians 4:19.
2. Peace all around you, Haggai 2:9
3. You will excel in everything, 2 Corinthians 8:7
4. Grace all around you, 2 Corinthians 8:9
5. All round rest even from your enemies, Deuteronomy 12:10
6. You will be celebrated, 2 Corinthians 9:14.
Where and Who to give to:
1. Give to the poor, needy and to your equals- by all means, give, Proverbs 19:17, 28:27
2. Primarily and majorly our giving should go to the kingdom of God for the propagation of the kingdom, proverbs 14:34. Our hearts must be to the kingdom of God. God looks into our hearts to see how sincere the things we bring into his house, 2 Corinthians 9:10, Deuteronomy 15:11, John 12:8, Philippians 4:10, Isaiah 41:17. Jesus is the permanent solution to the world problem, your money can only solve temporarily. 1 John 3:9, Mathew 9:35, 6:33, Psalm 35:27. No man can be the source of the gospel if anyone stands in the place of God, he stands in the place of death, you can never stop or source God.
How do we give:
1. Sacrificially: it is the designed way by God for us to give, not out of convenience, 1 kings 3:1-5, John 12:1-6.
2. Bountifully, 2 Corinthians 9:6-7
3. Expectantly: anytime you give, expect from God, but don’t give because you want God to do something or give you something, Hebrews 11:17-19, 1 king 10:10.
When you give, you are saying my God will supply.
Sisters let’s all cultivate the act of giving and giving right.
Now Let’s Pray…..
1. Father, I thank you for the act and grace of giving towards your kingdom and to all the needy around me.
2. Father, I receive the grace to sow seeds in good grounds that will deliver my harvest speedily.
3. Father, I receive rest round about, there will not be any area/aspect of my life without your touch. Every aspect of my life will adequately reflect the grace of God.
4. Father, every loss I have suffered, I receive bigger glory in Jesus wonderful name. I have supernatural ability to think creatively in this season and I receive what is mine, my mind is anointed in Jesus name.
Let’s all pray in line with the topic as led.
And lastly, Let’s all thank and give glory to God on behalf of Busola for obeying promptly to the call to start this. That our father will continue to strengthen her and give her grace to stay in the faith, word and with God. She will not fail God, fall, and stumble and that the Holy Spirit will never leave her and lead her always. Pray for her family and home. Pray for grace to tarry in the place of prayer and in the word of God.
P.s- Please let us study the scriptures and understand and use them to pray. Our seed of prayers, love, and fast is blessed in Jesus wonderful name. Thank you all and God bless. A glorious day ahead in Jesus name.
Gbemisola Oluwatobi Alabi