Let me first state that it is a great privilege to share with you today the word of God. Please have an open mind and be expectant as we all receive from God directly. I trust the God we serve to touch each and every life in ways no one can.
Our topic today is “Anointing For Victory”
We are all familiar with the words “anointing that breaks the yoke”. Yes indeed, there is an anointing that breaks every yoke, the anointing of the almighty God given to us to lead victorious lives. Hallelujah!
The word ‘anoint’ is in reference to the Holy Spirit upon the individual (Luke 4:18; Acts 4:27; 10:38). Only God anoints with the Holy Spirit (Heb 1:9; 2 Co. 1:21). The anointing is for consecration; it means Separation and it has everything to do with serving the Lord and doing his will.
In the Old Testament two elements that were present in worship were blood and oil. The blood was for cleansing and the oil was used for anointing. It is the blood of Jesus that cleanses and God’s Spirit dwell in the believers to give us power not to walk in bondage.
Gal 5:1-2 “Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing. Here Paul explains that Christ has already set us free, but because of accepting teachings from the law the Galatians were brought back into bondage.” What are these laws? They would be conditions that if you do this, God will do that.
Luke 4:18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he (God the Father) hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the broken-hearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.”
Rom. 8:2-4 “For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.”
What is happening today is that people are looking to pastors and other people to do something miraculous that the Scripture states we already have. What really breaks the yoke or any kind of bondage or habit of sin in our lives is to simply obey and walk by the Spirit and not by the flesh and one will find freedom and have a non-guilty conscience. This is something we need to do on our own. We can’t receive it from someone else.
“It shall come to pass in that day…”, Which day? The day in which we will live. The day in which Jesus in His death, burial and resurrection, paid the price and destroyed all yokes off peoples lives. This is the time in which we live. The price has been paid, the victory has been won. Burdens are taken away from off our shoulder; yokes are taken from our neck. The yokes are destroyed because God has released His anointing to enforce what Jesus’ death has accomplished.
As christians, we are not fighting for victory but in fact from victory. The price for our victory has already been paid. God is working everything out in our favour. We need to believe it that our testimony is here
Key points to note
1. Our Purification is very important. Holiness is the price we need to pay for a victorious life. There is no short cut.
2. Our Faith is the fuel to release our anointing. Just like the woman with the issue of blood. Her faith released the anointing from Jesus.
3. Our Expectations must be right.
4. We need to have understanding – John 8:32 “And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” Not the anointing in and of itself but God’s Word when we live by it. This is directly linked to Jesus saying, “Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed” (John 8:36).
5. We need to be tired of our current condition. Something some call holy anger. We need to be uncomfortable with been driven here and there by the enemy.
Song: Anointing fall on me
1. Let pray for the anointing of God Isaiah 61, Act 10:38 “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.” We need to begin to manifest the evidence of an anointed life. No more struggles, no more weakness. We are called to take charge. We cannot set others free when we ourselves are in bondage. We really cannot give what we do not have.
2. Let’s begin to break every burden in our lives, marriage, family, children etc Isaiah 10:27 KJV: And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.
3. Let’s pray for the grace to set others free. Pray for God to help you forgive those that have hurt you so that you can enjoy the victorious life you have in Christ. First thing to be done for our fasting to be acceptable to God is to let the oppressed go free. When we unbind our fellow men. We cannot keep our anointing when we hold grudges or are plotting ways to fight for ourselves. Let God fight for you and hold your peace.
4. Let’s also pray for the anointing of Jehu. He was able to destroy Jezebel and all the prophets of Baal by the anointing he carried. 2 Kings 9.
5. Please let’s bless God for answered prayers and exalt him for what he has begun in our lives.
6. God keep us and make his face yo shine upon us now and forever. Amen
Dear sisters, in closing, please remember to always have positive expectations. The Bible says that the expectation of the righteous will not be cut short. Don’t bother thinking defeat, you are anointed to succeed so think positive and keep your anointing in Jesus name.