Beloved, I trust God that you are well. I pray that our hearts are open to receive and conceive in Jesus Name…..Amen
Bible reading: John 16:23-24.
23: And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, whatsoever ye ask the father in my name, he will give you.
24: Hitherto(Until now) have you asked nothing in my name; ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
Jesus is our mediator, intercession, advocate and our Lord. He stands between us and he Father. This means Jesus is the only way to the Father, to get through to our Father, John 14:6. No one can communicate with the father without first acknowledging Jesus as the Saviour. You must understand how gracious the love of Jesus is, how wonderful, beautiful, selfless and great Jesus is, and how the Father beholds and sees him. And as beautiful as all that is, before we get answers we must pray to the Father in Jesus’ Name.
There is no place that says in the bible that Jesus told His disciples to pray to Him, they were always to pray to the Father in Jesus’ Name. If we wish to be sure of reaching the throne of God with our prayers, we must come to God according to the rules laid down in His Word. Jesus said just before he died and rose again to sit at the right hand of the Father on our behalf that in that day we shall ask him nothing, we shall not pray to him; he said we are to ask the Father in His Name. There isn’t any other way to approach God.
Certainly, we can worship Jesus and worship is a type of prayer, we can tell Jesus how much we love and appreciate Him, but when it comes to praying and asking, we must ask the Father in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 3:14&15. A lot of us made and some still make the mistake of praying to Jesus, personally I have heard people ask Jesus; many people also know about praying to God, but don’t know about praying to the Father. In other words, when they’re praying they don’t sound as if they really know God as the Father. He is God to the world, but Father to us, Glory to God. There is real joy in knowing that the Father answers our prayers.
4 Things To Do When Praying:
1. Ask, that your joy may be full: a lot of people make mistake by accepting what the devil throws at them, you don’t have to be a preacher to be full of joy, the Word works for you, whoever you are. John 10:10. There is a joy that comes when you get answers to prayers, you can know that God hears you when you pray according to His Word. And your joy can be full even before you see the answer because you are resting on the integrity of God’s word.
2. Have joy before the answer comes: when you ask God for something, just leave it there with a heart of gratitude and spirit of joy because you know that he is more than able to do much more than we can ever ask or imagine. Don’t even think about it, just rejoice and caste all your cares upon the Lord, 1 Peter 5:7. Have as much joy before you receive answers as you would after you have received answers.
3. Worry blocks God’s answer to your prayers: God wants us to receive answers to our prayers and to be full of joy. How can we be full of joy and victory when the circumstances look dark and we have needs in our lives? We are full of joy because we walk by faith and not by sight. We know that whatever we ask the Father according to the Word, He will give it to us, John 16:24. Could your joy be full if you had great financial burdens pressing upon you? No, your joy couldn’t be full then. However, once you’ve asked the Father to meet your need in Jesus’ Name, you have to be as joyous before you see the answer as once the answer materializes. You will block or hinder God from helping you if you are worrying or trying to figure out how the answer is going to come. You have the care or burden of the problem and that means God doesn’t have it, if all you do is struggle with your faith or worrying while waiting. You are still carrying that load and God can’t help you. We need to realize this fact- it does very little good, if any, to pray if you are going to continue to worry and fret and wrestle with the problem yourself, you might as well say amen because it is so. God is not moved by tears, your praying or fasting, God never ever changes, he is always the same, Malachi 3:6, Hebrews 13:8. God moves when you come to Him according to His Word and use His word and the Name of Jesus as the key. Prayer will work for you and you will have answers.
4. Stay in the arena of Faith: the Name of Jesus belongs to you and all things are possible in that Name. You have the right to use that Name as much as any pastor or bishop does. But, if the devil can hold you in the thought arena, the arena of reasoning, he will whip you. But if you can hold him in the arena of Faith, then he is defeated, 1 Timothy 6:12. Satan will try to pull you into the arena of thoughts and reasoning, he will try to get you to think that you can have no answers to your prayers, he will play with your mind and head, if you let him. But as long as you believe God’s word with your spirit, from inside you and then shut your mind off to doubt and unbelief and thoughts that are contrary to the word of God, and believe with your heart, you have completely defeated the devil and your answers just keeps flowing in and you joy continually full. Your heart is your spirit.
Praying According To God’s Will
There shouldn’t be any problem praying in line with the Word of God because if God’s Word says it– if God’s Word promised us something- we know it is God’s will for us to have and to possess and to enjoy all that He has promised and made provision for in His Word.
Before I pray for anything, I find the answer for what I want or need in the Word. And if I don’t know what God’s will is, I find out what the Word says because God’s Word is His will. For instance, I have a need financially I know the will of God is for me to have and in abundance because Philippians 4:19 tells me that my God will meet all my needs according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus, he didn’t say some of my needs, he said ALL and also 2 Corinthians 8:9 tells me that the grace of my Lord Jesus Christ has made me eternally rich because he became poor for my sake.
And another example is praying for health, I know what 1 Peter 2:24 and Mathew 8:17 says concerning perfect health, I cannot be sick because I know what the scripture says and I pray and declare according to the will of God.
I just don’t pray to be praying and I would be wasting my time trying to pray in faith if I didn’t know what the Word says.
Now it’s true that believers won’t find specific direction for every decision they must take in life, but the bible promises that the Spirit of truth who dwells within us will guide us into all truth, John 16:13. And believer who is walking in fellowship with the Father and obeying His Word can be rest assured that the Holy Spirit will lead and guide them in all the affairs of life. And they won’t ask for anything outside of the will of God. To have a successful prayer life and get answers to our prayers, we must have consistent fellowship with God through His Word.
In conclusion, we have the authority in the Name of Jesus to bring healing and deliverance. The spirit of God said to one of my mentors, Kenneth E. Hagin of blessed memory, that “the mighty Name, the Name of the mighty One belongs unto the church and unto the child of God” . Now use your lips to speak forth that Name, for that Name carries authority in heaven and on earth and under the earth, among men, Angels and demons. And they shall obey your voice in that Name.
So sisters, pray to the Father in the Name of Jesus as you make petitions for yourselves and for others. And in the power of the mighty Name of Jesus, bind the works of the enemies and set free those who have been held captive in spiritual darkness.
Remember the Name of Jesus is the Key, and God has given that Key to you!
Let us dedicate today to prayer of intercession.
1. 1 Corinthians 1:18- Let’s pray for all those around us, our arena, family, local church, work place etc that are unbelievers, that the message on the cross begins to make more sense to them.
2. Acts 8:29- Lord send men to them that would lead them to salvation.
3. Joel 3:13- we harvest the souls of every unbeliever in our vicinity and family.
4. Zechariah 8:23- this is the time that one soul comes to your church and 10 souls will follow in Jesus name.
5. 2 Corinthians 5:18- every unbeliever still living in sin that the light of the gospel shines deeper upon them, and that they are no longer comfortable with sin.
I shall decree a thing and it shall come to pass for I am a child of God. I am protected from every arrow and oppression of the evil ones this week and beyond, no plague, disaster comes near me, my family and all my loved ones, no harm befalls me. I am God’s property, I cannot be harmed. I am too protected and too shielded to be wounded or attack, wherever I go or find myself I return safe with fullness of Joy, for I am the ransomed of the Lord.
My name is like an ointment poured out, therefore I am just loved by all beyond every diabolical power. I am a unanimous choice of all for good, favor and great things in Jesus Name my head is exalted like that of a unicorn, I stand a head and a shoulder above all, I am blessed above all. I decree it, I Believe it, God hears it and that settles it. Rejoice!!!! Scream for Joy!💃🏾💃🏾💃🏾
I see more and glorious testimonies coming our way this month, as we pray according to The Father’s will.
By: Gbemisola Alabi