Good morning beloved, I trust that we are all well.
I just really want us to start the day with a heart of worship and thanksgiving to God and in doing this, have an absolute faith that whatever situation that troubles your mind is settled. We must always remember that Only by his mercy, favour and grace are we where we are today, alive and have all the things we have.
I really didn’t know what God wanted me to teach or encourage some on today until the Holy Spirit ministered a scripture to my spirit very clearly on Saturday. Early enough but I still struggled with time to prepare so please bear with me and look past imperfections and only to the word God has for us.
That being said, here we go…..
I don’t know what is going on in each of our lives at the moment for this to be the message but I do know that each of us have at one stage or the other gone through stress where we feel so heavy with things that we need to offload, where it’s all to much on us slowing us down and not allowing us move forward. I certainly have!
Some of us are trying to move forward, or climb up but we are holding on to so much and carrying so much burden that it becomes a set back. The weight, the stress, the load and all that responsiblity. Sometimes it the guilt of condemnation, holding on to our sin, resentment nd unforgiveness … oh what a burden!
Did we forget that Jesus died on the cross? Did we forget that Jesus Christ took a whole lot of burden for us so we don’t have to? And that he keeps reminding us to hand it all to him? Or do we just not know how to hand it over?!
Lets examine what the scriptures tell us and apply it daily to whatever sistuatiom we find ourselves:
1. “Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved” (Psalm 55:22). God is glad to carry your burdens and give you the daily strength you need.
2. “Is this not the fast that I have chosen: To loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, to let the oppressed go free, and that you break every yoke?” (Isaiah 58:6). It’s not God’s will that you should be crushed down with excessive burdens; let Him free you today.
3. “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light” (Matthew 11:28–30). Jesus will remove your heavy burden of guilt and hopelessness and give you true rest in Him.
4. “For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you’” (Isaiah 41:13). God promises to support and help you through every trial.
5. “Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you” (1 Peter 5:6, 7). Just knowing your heavenly Father cares about you personally can make any load seem lighter.
6. “Even to your old age, I am He, and even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you” (Isaiah 46:4). The Lord desires to constantly support you throughout your life, with the intention of saving you eternally.
7. “He will feed His flock like a shepherd; He will gather the lambs with His arm, and carry them in His bosom” (Isaiah 40:11). The Good Shepherd will gladly bear you in His gentle arms right now.
8. “The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles” (Psalm 34:17). If you belong to Him, God will always listen when you call to Him for help.
9. “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand” (Isaiah 41:10). Through faith His strength becomes yours, and He reaches out to keep you from falling.
10. “Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ” (Galatians 6:2). When God has lightened your burdens, He asks you to do the same for others.
Why then do we try so hard to do it all ours?Why then do we not bow down in worship as we ask God to lift the burden off us. Why do we not come to Jesus today and allow Him to relieve is of our heavy load?
We can’t do it all alone and understanding that is the first step. However what is the set back stopping us from handing it over? I pray this ministers to our heart today and encourages someone.
Shall we pray?
1)Still in a heart of worship, let us thank God for the love of Jesus Christ and the love of God
2) Let’s also thank God for grace for it is by his grace that we are saved and privileged to hand over our burdens
3)Let’s pray for forgiveness of sins and in so doing let go of ALL unforgiveness and resentment. Let’s pray for God to help us let it all go
4)Let’s lift up every single challenge we are having, every worry, every thing that presents itself as a burden. Let’s pray for Master Jesus to lift them off and hold us by the hand and help us
5)Let’s pray for our loved ones, we are undoubtedly affected by the burdens. Let’s pray for the love God has for us to extend to them and for the burdens to be lifted
6)Let’s also pray for chains to be broken and for freedom from bondage
7)Let’s pray that for burdens that has been forcefully put on us by the enemy to slow us down from fulfilling Gods plan that the burdens and removed and and destroyed never to return again
8)Appreciating that burden differs for everyone pls call it out be it sickness, delay, financial struggles, relationships, marriages name it out and surrender it all to God
9)Let’s pray for God to take absolute control
10)Let’s receive a new status of freedom and loudly profess that we are free
11)Let’s now please the blood of Jesus as we thank God for answering our prayers in Jesus name
By: Bukola Olumofin